Question regarding greasing the PTO Zerk - 96 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadasaurus

Hi all, we have been getting to use the boat a lot this year and so I thought I'd better grease the pto zerk on each PTO. I only put 2 pumps in and grease came out of the boot. Funny thing was that it came out on both boots from the same spot - looking towards the back of the boat the grease came out of the boot on the left side about halfway down basically centered with the drive shaft. It was like there was a pin hole in each boot on the left side. Just trying to determine if I over greased it and ruined a seal, or if the boots are just warn out, but seems strange to be coming out at the same spot on both boots. Thank you!

Thanks so much for replying. There are clamps. Sadly, I just had this all apart. In the fall of 2018, shortly after purchasing the boat we were having cavitation issues and we changed the carbon rings, top hats, and the flex boots. The boat has run great ever since.
I used zip ties on the small end of these boots and never had to remove the original clips on the flywheel.
I took some pics, it looks like there are pin holes in the boots...
Please take a look and let me know what you think (I wish I would have replaced these boots when we had it all apart...IMG_1038.JPGIMG_1038.JPGIMG_1043.JPGIMG_1038.JPGIMG_1043.JPGIMG_1055.JPG

With holes in these boots do I have any alternatives to replacing them. Not to be lazy but it's the middle of a short boating season, and I just had this all apart. Just wondering if I could get by, even just for a while, with adding grease more often, or if there might be a way to seal the holes. Perhaps silicone, or some other sealant, maybe even liquid electrical tape...just trying to see if I have any other alternatives.
Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back