Question on wiring set on Optimax engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faken

Hi guys,

Apologies in advance, I actually signed up for a premium membership A) to thank the people that created this extremely helpful community and B) to gain access to the manuals so I could stop asking so many questions and do my own homework. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to find an Optimax manual for the moment (I may just be blind) so I have another question, this time on some wiring.

On the engine on that fuel compressor section, there is a wiring set that comes out right next to it and there is a ground wire that has broken off from a bolt located on the compressor. Please see below:

205.jpg

Bigger picture: http://www.danrichard.com/gallery/plog-content/images/random-albums/2001-utopia-185/groundwire.jpg

Can anyone tell me what that wire was grounding and what that wiring set is for? Sensors or some kind of maybe a solenoid in the compressor or engine?

Thanks as always... leaving the country tomorrow but will have to track down a manual when I get back.

Dan

To go down your questions...

A) I'm sure the owner's appreciate the $$ by joining, but I've talked to them in the past about changing the structure. The "Premium" sections are slow. I was just a member at one time... and was asked to help out. AND, since I owned a shop, and charged $65/hr... I couldn't support the premium section since I wasn't getting paid. My advice here is free, so I feel like I should only type in the "Free" sections. I've asked to kill those sections, and just make the tag under a paying member, "Supporting Member."

b) Down load the 250 Merc book. It's an Opti, and will give you a good look at the Di system. BUT... as I recall... if you get the second 240 book... it also has some Di info too.

As far as the wires.... Don't know off the top of my head, and I will have to look them up. (I'll post up later this morning)

Sorry for the delay. Had more to do today than I realized.

Ummmmmm..................

OK... that's the temp sender for the compressor. AND... if I'm not mistaken... that ground should simply be under the bolt holding the temp sender to the compressor. I'd take that bolt out, and see if the terminal ring is under it. If it is... put on a new terminal, and put it back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back