Optimax sportjet to outboard swap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickard

Hello, is it possible to mount an fully dressed outboard powerhead to the sport jet pump? I have an islandia with the optimax 250 and need to replace the engine. I know that the crankshaft has other splines on the sport jet engine but i figured that someone maybe done this before? Wery much easier to find the optimax 250 outboard. Thanks

I've wondered this myself. I think just the pinion shaft splines would have to be modified. If you have the shaft from the outboard and take that and the pinion to a machine shop they should be able graft it on.

I've wondered this myself. I think just the pinion shaft splines would have to be modified. If you have the shaft from the outboard and take that and the pinion to a machine shop they should be able graft it on.
Yes i also think that it should be possible that way. I dont have either the boat or the replace engine to look at, i wonder if the bolt pattern is the same to attach it to the pump..

Last edited:
I just came across this post. I just did this a 2005 mercury optimax, i replace with a outboard 2006 mercury optimax xs 250, all the 3.0 liter from that engine years are the same crank shaft so it does work, i just installed it and started it but havnt ran it on the lake yet, but it was pretty much a direct swap. with a few minor modifcations. im trying to find someone with a mercury diagnostic tool to see if everything is running the way it should or if there is anything else i need to do before, so far no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back