Question on tire size on a trailer.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dramsey66208

I have a nice single seadoo trailer with size 4.80-12 WITH 5 LUG WHITE RIMS. I was wondering if i can change those tires to nicer ones that will be better?

Yes... as long as the lug pattern and tire size is of the same (or compatible) size and width, I don't see why not. Keep in mind, the reason you don't see the expensive wheels and rims is because of the water. You dunk your trailer in water on a regular basis, then the bearings and metal take a beating from minerals... But, I've seen some nice rims on racing boats. So, I know people do it. I use the elcheapo replacements from Wally World. Last time I got wheels, they are about $29 bucks a piece. Thats the rim and tire. Cheers!

I got these on ebay, $150 for both rims and tires shipped to my door.

261.jpg

Yes... as long as the lug pattern and tire size is of the same (or compatible) size and width, I don't see why not. Keep in mind, the reason you don't see the expensive wheels and rims is because of the water. You dunk your trailer in water on a regular basis, then the bearings and metal take a beating from minerals... But, I've seen some nice rims on racing boats. So, I know people do it. I use the elcheapo replacements from Wally World. Last time I got wheels, they are about $29 bucks a piece. Thats the rim and tire. Cheers!

$29 for tire mounted on 12" rim at walmart? Might buy those instead of sanding rust and repainting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back