Question about installing LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbjnky

Just got in 1st batch of Oznium LEDS. 12-Superflux,4-4", and 2-9". I am putting a Superflux in bottom of each cup holder. If you mount these from the top in a 3/8" hole the will be sticking up an 1/8"-1/4". It looks like a bottle would damage them if dropped in the cup holder. I am going to surface mount mine from the bottom with CY glue. Is anybody having problems with them when mounted from the top? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pics will follow.

Thanks,

I have the same lights with no problems. Most cup holders are more narrow in the bottom section and cans or the little can coozie things sit on the upper lip. Bottles on the other hand will sit right on the light. I have had mine 3 years and they all work still. For a couple bucks each its no big deal to replace them if you have a problem. I just drilled a 3/8 hole and dropped them in from the top. A few drops of super glue around the lip of each one and they were good to go.

There isnt much to take pics of guy. You drill a 3/8 hole in the cupholder and then glue the light in the hole. Wire them together to a switch and you are set.

91.jpg

257.jpg

buddy that rocks!! do you use the same led bulbs for cup holders as you do for the under the console? What did you do with the factory lighting units?

m

Yep they are all the oznium 4 chip lights. Less than 3 bucks each. I put 1 in each cupholder and 1 under each side of the dash. So i only used 6 total. I plan on adding more over the winter probably. I put them on their own switch. The factory white lights are all still there. I bought LED's to swap into the housings, just havent done it yet.

Im not sure about the 14 ft boats, but all the bigger Sea Doo boats have lights in them already. Nothing special, just a few small round white lights.

I added a clarion head unit and use an ipod nano mostly. Then I got 4, 6.5" Kicker marine speakers and 2, 10" Kicker subs. All powered by a single Alpine amp. Sounds awesome. I added a 2nd battery to make sure it doesnt kill the main one. I got 2 more sets of the 6.5's that im thinking of adding, just not sure if i wanna stick with these or switch to the Polk Ultimate Marine series.

I also added a few things to it like an RF based remote that can work within about 100 feet and i also installed a wired remote on the swim deck. Makes it ince to be able to control it when you are just hanging out in the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought 10 lights from oznium last week, the OP inspired me ,
plan on installing 4, 2 in the cupholders (14 footer) and two under the drivers dash, and maybe a couple in the engine bay just for the hell of it..
the other 4 are for the car :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back