PWC Safety School.com - online boating safety course

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hfgreg

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Check out our friends over at PWC Safety School
289.jpg

SeaDoo Forum highly recommends new riders to participate in the PWC Safety School program before operating their PWC. NO MATTER YOUR AGE. You should be versed on the rules of the water. The program is inexpensive and goes a long way to making a difference on the water.

Here are a few key points and additional information:

• PWC Safety School is a low cost resource for a mandatory boating license in many states
  • PWC Safety School online boating safety course curriculum is based on the USPS ‘Jet Smart’ handbook.

PWC Safety School state modules, including current boating safety laws/guidelines, are developed and updated by Technical Adviser, Don Schmitz. His thirty year background as a Marine Patrol Officer (ret.) in Washington State, has provided the PWC Safety School Course with a high level of expertise and hands-on knowledge of boating enforcement, accident investigation, and safe boating classroom instruction.

Click here to choose your state and get started.

I remember taking the boaters safety course when I was 12 or 13. In GA it's required you take it if under 16 to be able to operate a pwc. I believe it should be a requirement for all riders no matter the age

Long live the 2 stroke Seadoo!

generally they phase in laws like that... here in PA it was you had to be 12 + license, now it's 16 + license maybe? I'm not sure... lol, been riding since I was 10... there were no laws back then.

anything over 10 HP if you were born after 1981 requires a license in PA... which is great as it will reduce the idiots, but until 2081 leaves a lot of idiots still on the water...

I believe when it was passed no one who was born after 1981 could vote... which is how they got it to pass... no one is going to vote away 'their right'...

generally they phase in laws like that... here in PA it was you had to be 12 + license, now it's 16 + license maybe? I'm not sure... lol, been riding since I was 10... there were no laws back then.

anything over 10 HP if you were born after 1981 requires a license in PA... which is great as it will reduce the idiots, but until 2081 leaves a lot of idiots still on the water...

I believe when it was passed no one who was born after 1981 could vote... which is how they got it to pass... no one is going to vote away 'their right'...

I assume you have a boater cert? In PA, EVERY operator of a PWC must have one---regardless of age or DOB. You must be 12 and have a cert to operate a PWC WITH a certified operator behind you that is 16+, to operate solo you need to be 16+ and have a cert. 3 more years until my son can get his, can't wait!

I got my cert back in the day through Jersey, they invoked the law before PA did and since I run the Delaware river which splits PA and NJ I didn't want to take the chance. That being said I have never been pulled over but when I get the CG aux safety check they ask to see it. They said they couldn't stop me from riding without one since they to have that power.

http://fishandboat.com/faqpwc.htm

Same rules in canada. I got my liscence as soon as I could, was limited to 10 hp until 16, same as a PWC...Except at 14 I was able to get my non-commercial captains liscence for motoryachts up to 70' with less than 13 people (including driver)... I love how that works.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back