Tales from the Ramp - Season 01 Episode 01 - The Non Boater.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love sitting at the ramp watching the idiots on a holiday day. I never launch during peak times to avoids these douchebags. My favorite story was at Lake Mead a number of years ago in Overton branch at the marina. (now sitting high and dry...) This was shortly before they closed the ramp, because the water had dropped so low, and you had to scope out the right place to launch as you backed down because the ground was uneven off the edge of the concrete ramp. A couple guys were backing a really big cabin cruiser down the ramp to launch with the outdrive totally in the all-the-way down position, not just horizontal, all the way down. I was watching, trying to decide whether to tell them or not, and decided to take the high road and tell them. They were drunk, and the one guy told me to mind my own fukking business. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. As the backed down off the concrete, in a spot that was totally the wrong one, when the trailer tires dropped off the concrete, the outdrive went into a hole and bang, the whole outdrive broke off the back end. By this time, there were several people watching and laughing.

I love sitting at the ramp watching the idiots on a holiday day. I never launch during peak times to avoids these douchebags. My favorite story was at Lake Mead a number of years ago in Overton branch at the marina. (now sitting high and dry...) This was shortly before they closed the ramp, because the water had dropped so low, and you had to scope out the right place to launch as you backed down because the ground was uneven off the edge of the concrete ramp. A couple guys were backing a really big cabin cruiser down the ramp to launch with the outdrive totally in the all-the-way down position, not just horizontal, all the way down. I was watching, trying to decide whether to tell them or not, and decided to take the high road and tell them. They were drunk, and the one guy told me to mind my own fukking business. I shrugged my shoulders and laughed. As the backed down off the concrete, in a spot that was totally the wrong one, when the trailer tires dropped off the concrete, the outdrive went into a hole and bang, the whole outdrive broke off the back end. By this time, there were several people watching and laughing.

Times like that mean you need to whip out the iPhone and press record!

I have always been the calm one but it pisses me off so much when these idiots are on the ramps.

That being said I do like to try to help people when I can and from what I have seen most of these people are just oblivious idiots that have no clue they are doing anything wrong. Most of us here do like to help others or we wouldn't be here so next time try nicely explaining to them why what they are doing is wrong like suggesting to load before at the ramp or dry the boat off in the parking lot so others can load too.

If they are just A$$ HO&ES then put a rock in their valve stem caps and at least they wont think it was you because you were the only one nice to them.

Since i've been loading/unloading 40 times a year for a good 7 years or so, i've gotten pretty dam efficient at it, BUT...

If i've learned anything from this thread is either to load first and fast, or load last if I'm riding with y'all.

You guys are vicious with the valve stem suggestions.

I left TWO camcorders rolling last time I launched. easy to review the .mp4 file later or post to youtube. Interestingly, at this particular location, because it's not as nice as the others, someone let their kid ride an ATV in circles around the parking lot kicking up stones and dirt on all the parked cars... good times.

I don't think they were intentionally being dicks, so I deleted the video.

HA! I just watched that Airplane video! I was only passively watching it and almost didn't catch the voices fighting! that was funny. I need to see if that's on NetFlix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back