proper way to "reflip"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattydipps

im just curious.. ive been hearing tons of "i flipped my ski the wrong way and i ingested water" horror stories lately and it brings me to this.. if your ski is flipped and your at the stern.. do you flip clockwise.. or counter clockwise.. i have an 06 gtx limited..

I don't think it really matters in the 4tecs, between the TOPS and insanely complex oiling system I think your safe. The TOPS should kill the engine right away before you get any water sucked into the intake. Of course this is assuming that you've left your intake stock.

In the early days I flipped my ski.....once...that I can remember. From the stern....clockwise. No probs.

In the early days I flipped my ski.....once...that I can remember. From the stern....clockwise. No probs.

yeah i dont plan on flipping it.. i usually dont mess around hard enough to get the chance too... just thought it would be nice knowing if it ever happens haha.. thanks!

BMANN06 is correct. You can flip a 4TEC in either direction. A ski that has carbs is a different situation.

Viewing from the rear:

A ski that has carbs on the right side of the engine when upright should be rotated clockwise (right) when upside down.
A ski that has carbs on the left side of the engine when upright should be rotated counter clockwise (left).

The proper rotation prevents submerging of the air intake/carbs into water when uprighting and therefore less chance of getting water into the engine.

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back