Pre-wired stereo clip/clasp 98 speedster help!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nautiquelfe

I'd be grateful to anyone that has some info on this subject. My 98 speedster has what seems to me a prewired stereo "female" harness under the "passenger seat" storage compartment. Can I buy a "male" counterpart to clip this in nice and clean? If not, does anyone have a wiring diagram for this factory harness?
I plan to trace the wires this weekend, hoping to find some speaker wire already in place. I'm planning to go really low budget on a stereo. I've seen some package deals on ebay with head unit and what I assume to be entry level speakers and stereo cover in the $100-$150. Thanks to anyone in advance for the help.

It is easy enough to figure what wires go to the speakers with a "C" size battery. Just attach a speaker to the wires and touch the pair of speaker wires at the harness to the battery...(+-) The speaker will let out a click sound on contact, when you have the correct pair. The harness shouldn't be a big deal to deal with. Try Walmarts for a harness plug, it should run you about $10.00. Just look at the display and match it up. If you want a little better than Low Budget stereo, I have a brand new Marine Clarion 225 AM FM CD player, I took out of my 2008, 200 Speedster when I upgraded my system. I used it in the driveway before it's first voyage. I'll sell it to you cheap.

Let me know if your interested. You could PM me.

Karl

Black - Earth -
Red 12v +
Yellow 12v+ memory perminant power
Grey rh front +
Grey/Black rh front -
White lh front +
white/black lh front -
Purple rh rear +
purple/black rh rear -
green lh rear +
green/black lh rear -
:cheers:

I have a 1998 speedster too. Where do I cut the holes for the speakers? I am assuming its pre-wired because of the harness, and the speaker wires have to terminate somewhere.

Also, can you post some pictures when you cut into the body?

Thanks

Found this pic of speaker placement. This should give us both a starting point to try and locate the existing wiring.

Attachments

• speedster07.jpg
    speedster07.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 51
I cut out the space for the radio last night..... Will get to speakers next week. Anyone know if the speaker wires are at the speaker locations, or do I need to run new wires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back