2008 seadoo speedster 150 need help with upgrades

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone I am new here and I could use some help.

Okay here's what I'm trying to accomplish.
I have a 2008 seadoo speedster 150 215 horsepower supercharged.
I run on the Severn River in Maryland I'm running at 0 to 7 ft above sea level.
I've owned the boat for a couple years it's fast, but I'm a freak.
I just want to go as fast as hell as fast as possible.
This is my plan tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing.

This is what I'm thinking about it adding.
XX charger
50 lb fuel injectors
Fizzle F100 intercooler
Worx wr04027 free flow exhaust
Riva catch can kit
4 intake kit
Extended adjustable ride plate for trim control

Does this all sound good ?will I need other items? Is there newer better options?

Questions
Do I need a rising rate fuel regulator?
What impeller should I run with this setup?
What intake grate should I run with this setup?
What tune should I use for this setup?

Save some money, spray it ! I do it on all my cars. I'd rather plumb a nos system, and be done with it. Go small at first , maybe 30hp. A small 30hp will get a lot of spraying, and really how long you going to ride at full throttle. I even sprayed my Bayliner 135hp boat, and it kept up with the v6's then. I'd get a bike nos kit.

Save some money, spray it ! I do it on all my cars. I'd rather plumb a nos system, and be done with it. Go small at first , maybe 30hp. A small 30hp will get a lot of spraying, and really how long you going to ride at full throttle. I even sprayed my Bayliner 135hp boat, and it kept up with the v6's then. I'd get a bike nos kit.
But that will help for sustained speed.
I would be worried about blowing the engine using it often.

It would be cool for a burst.
20-30 more horsepower which ever way you choose to get it, is that much less time your engine has. Like any boosting, you better make sure that fuel is there when it happens. I rarely run my 155 ski wide open, these things are top end capped , or something. Even the 215 models of mine , barely walk away from mine at full throttle. Mine does a 59-60ish, supercharge it, you might get 67mph? doesn't seem worth it, I hardly ever run wide open, that's about 7400, and sounds ready to blow.

20-30 more horsepower which ever way you choose to get it, is that much less time your engine has. Like any boosting, you better make sure that fuel is there when it happens. I rarely run my 155 ski wide open, these things are top end capped , or something. Even the 215 models of mine , barely walk away from mine at full throttle. Mine does a 59-60ish, supercharge it, you might get 67mph? doesn't seem worth it, I hardly ever run wide open, that's about 7400, and sounds ready to blow.
It is already supercharged I am just buying a larger supercharger and injectors.
We generally run this boat all summer long.
We have two boats but me and the kids like this one because it's fast and fun.
Yes I run wide open quite often.
So to run boost that much would be bad.
The modifications that I am trying to do will take it up to a little over 260 hp.
Seadoo already does that just on a different model with the exact same engine.
I'm just looking for any advice that I could get from someone who's already done this or knows more than me.
Being you're the only one that commented at all I don't think I'm going to get any advice.
Honestly this doesn't seem like a very good place.
Either nobody's interested in what I have to say or nobody is on here anymore.
I do thank you for responding.
And I like the idea I'm just scared to do it all the time.

Too change the subject a bit, keep a stellar wear ring. When mine wears just a bit, I looses about 4-5mph off the top right away. Replace it , and I'm right back at 60mph. I've raced 215's, and mines a 155, and I smoke them, they don't know that their wear ring must be toasted is why I'm blowing by them on a 155.lol To respond on the forum, I don't know , it gets like this I've noticed. Maybe the time of the year? I had to dig all over the Internet to find some solid info on replacing my display cluster, and the correct programing garbage to get it to work correctly. Found when you buy a display for many year models, it ships to you without any firmware for your boat( like a blank CD), and even if you use a candoo scanner to connect it to your boat, you'll have funky readings on the display. Thankfully I shipped my new display to Candoo, and they zapped it with my boats options. What a PITA all that was. Should of bought the display from Candoo , they would of done that before it shipped to me.

Last edited:
Too change the subject a bit, keep a stellar wear ring. When mine wears just a bit, I looses about 4-5mph off the top right away. Replace it , and I'm right back at 60mph. I've raced 215's, and mines a 155, and I smoke them, they don't know that their wear ring must be toasted is why I'm blowing by them on a 155.lol To respond on the forum, I don't know , it gets like this I've noticed. Maybe the time of the year? I had to dig all over the Internet to find some solid info on replacing my display cluster, and the correct programing garbage to get it to work correctly. Found when you buy a display for many year models, it ships to you without any firmware for your boat( like a blank CD), and even if you use a candoo scanner to connect it to your boat, you'll have funky readings on the display. Thankfully I shipped my new display to Candoo, and they zapped it with my boats options. What a PITA all that was. Should of bought the display from Candoo , they would of done that before it shipped to me.
I have a display right now that everything works except for the gas gauge.
I wonder if that's the problem with mine.
I even bought a brand new pump and sending unit combination installed it same problem no gas gauge.
It has been that way since I purchased the boat.

Constant amount of stress after running for a while.

spraying it doesn't work unless you're only wanting to do drag race things. problem is it has an impeller and not a transmission. If your engine is running 8k or so on top now, when you hit the spray the rpms will go crazy along with the engine. If you tune the impeller to handle the spray it will be way too tall to use in any rpm range without spray.

Hello everyone I am new here and I could use some help.

Okay here's what I'm trying to accomplish.
I have a 2008 seadoo speedster 150 215 horsepower supercharged.
I run on the Severn River in Maryland I'm running at 0 to 7 ft above sea level.
I've owned the boat for a couple years it's fast, but I'm a freak.
I just want to go as fast as hell as fast as possible.
This is my plan tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing.

This is what I'm thinking about it adding.
XX charger
50 lb fuel injectors
Fizzle F100 intercooler
Worx wr04027 free flow exhaust
Riva catch can kit
4 intake kit
Extended adjustable ride plate for trim control

Does this all sound good ?will I need other items? Is there newer better options?

Questions
Do I need a rising rate fuel regulator?
What impeller should I run with this setup?
What intake grate should I run with this setup?
What tune should I use for this setup?

Attachments

• SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF THRU THE HULL EXHAUST-INTERCOOLER INSTALL FOR JERRY.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF THRU THE HULL EXHAUST-INTERCOOLER INSTALL FOR JERRY.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 13
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES OF THRU THE HULL EXHAUST-INTERCOOLER INSTALL FOR JERRY.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
sent you some pictures of the mods i did on 2009 150 Speedster that started with the 215 engine.
I've done about all you can do with this engine without going inside for valve springs, etc. Mods include:
X charger w/Riva 4" air tube to outside cold 60mph air, Rapid Rising fuel regulator, Riva catch can (a must for supercharged engines), Fizzle intercoller attached to starboard motor mount w/custom tubes, custom rear exhaust from TDR waterbox, stainless steel wear ring w/Solas ConcordeR impeller set up by Glen at Improvos, 40 lb injectors, etc. What boat really needs is a variable trim like the PWC;s have to stop porposing issues or tirm tabs, but the rear shape won't allow. Going to try adding a few inches to the ride plate as they used to offer it on the larger Seadoo boats. I would not want to do much more, i.e. larger superchanger, etc. without going inside and at least valve springs. This is a good fast, RELABLE set up and we use it for tubing, lots of fishing, etc. and only have to start it and go. I had a 40 ft. Fountain with 2-Teague 540 ci engines, all the goodies, etc. and always had issues on every outing. TOO HOPPED UP.
so this is a happy medium. also put in a lithium battery (2.5 lbs. vs. 23 lbs. OEM one) i use one of these for fish finder that sets behing speedometer so can remove and charge, etc.. good luck feel free to call if you wish. 719-445-0097 email: ron@commonwealthusa.net

Attachments

• SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_3.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_3.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_4.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_4.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 13
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_7.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_7.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 10
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_6.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_6.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 10
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_5.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_5.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 10
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_8.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_8.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 10
  • SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_9.jpg
    SPEEDSTER PICTURES COLD AIR INTAKE IN SPEAKER-JEEP -MAGAZINE ARTICLE_Page_9.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back