Post some pics of your restoration projects

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

burtshaver2021

Premium Member
Premium Member
So I’ve been thinking of this since all the pictures from old threads where deleted. I used to look through threads from seadoo forum all the time before I became a member and noticed that there used to be a lot more rebuild/restoration threads, and although it’s still nice to read through those threads it’s just not the same without the photo’s. So if any of you guys have photos from restoration projects let’s see those beautiful 2 strokes.

Thanks photobucket:mad::mad::mad:
I sure would like to see some pictures of the 96 XP you restored. I seen the HX you had in a thread where you were selling it. And what ever became of the Super Jets, did you end up restoring them? The one was in pretty rotten shape. I was hoping to get some of the guys who restored machines in and around the 2010’s to post some pictures of old restorations they had done but for the most part, most of the guys from that time period aren’t heard of anymore.

I sure would like to see some pictures of the 96 XP you restored. I seen the HX you had in a thread where you were selling it. And what ever became of the Super Jets, did you end up restoring them? The one was in pretty rotten shape. I was hoping to get some of the guys who restored machines in and around the 2010’s to post some pictures of old restorations they had done but for the most part, most of the guys from that time period aren’t heard of anymore.
I will try and get you some pictures if I can find any but most were lost with PhotoBucket.

My basket case superjet restoration is here. Project Boat Anchor, Superjet

I am also working on a JS440 with an Yamaha 650 swap. White Trash Build 440/650

I don't think I have any pictures of my 96' XP.

I will try and get you some pictures if I can find any but most were lost with PhotoBucket.

Well you 2 timing.... lol. I just realized this link was here, gonna read it over later tonight... I guess I will be the first to post some pics on my own thread.

952004DB-C11C-4954-9A24-D871DDE307B5.jpeg942A525F-0E39-4D38-B309-A68965073EC2.jpegEE7B47EE-A115-4F04-90DB-F34CB2605544.jpeg2D2FA989-EB2B-4AC2-9AD6-C36D09189117.jpeg5315DAEA-F2CB-4D95-AA66-36FEA102EDD9.jpeg49FC2B33-6B4B-4679-937D-853EB864121C.jpeg98161936-A283-4BE2-A8C2-038FFB0D29D2.jpeg7101B098-FC52-4CE3-BB6E-C17C8A59F715.jpeg3A4421E3-88D5-4073-817E-EA2E8099717E.jpeg
So this machine was definitely not a restoration but it is super clean, it has its little blemishes but it’s one of my favourites. When I bought it and got it home it had issues above 4500rpm, not knowing for sure I checked the coil, regulator/rectifier, cleaned the filters in carbs, changed the fuel lines. Still hesitated. With the help of Big Jake I got it working perfectly, was just really dirty rave valves. She is now running on XPS full synthetic so that shouldn’t be a problem again. Also changed the small oil lines, gave the whole machine a good rub down with Meguires 91, 49 then 45. If your proud of your old machine, post it here for everyone to see.

All I can say is WOW👍, that superjet looks amazing, I’m not done the thread yet but it got to a point that to me looked finished and again WOW!!! This has inspired me, I have always been trying to restore the machines to original, it has been on my mind but now I’m convinced that I want to paint something, honestly the HX’s look sick (excuse the 90’s lingo) with modernized graphics. But enough about what I want to do, REALLY GREAT JOB, and like you mentioned It started out as a turd.

All I can say is WOW👍, that superjet looks amazing, I’m not done the thread yet but it got to a point that to me looked finished and again WOW!!! This has inspired me, I have always been trying to restore the machines to original, it has been on my mind but now I’m convinced that I want to paint something, honestly the HX’s look sick (excuse the 90’s lingo) with modernized graphics. But enough about what I want to do, REALLY GREAT JOB, and like you mentioned It started out as a turd.
Thank you.

Back