Please help Gas in Oil Tank

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmtrtw

Please help!!! A friend road my jetski today....trying to be a good guy he stopped to fill it with gas. He put a minimal amount, less then half a gallon of gasoline in my oil resevior. He then figured it out and filled the right tank.....he said it road great all day....what should I do?

Drain the tanks? premix the gas and let it run through? Nothing?

Please help!!!!

Thank you all!

If this is a carburated ski I would drain tank and fill with correct oil. Then I would pre mix the next 2 tank fulls at 40 to 1. then after you are sure that you have ran 2 tanks threw or about 30 gallons of gas Then I would run it as useual. And I would allso replace spark plugs. good luck I hope it all works out good for you.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you

If this is a carburated ski I would drain tank and fill with correct oil. Then I would pre mix the next 2 tank fulls at 40 to 1. then after you are sure that you have ran 2 tanks threw or about 30 gallons of gas Then I would run it as useual. And I would allso replace spark plugs. good luck I hope it all works out good for you.:cheers:

Yes I think it is carborated!!!...It is a SeaDoo Gx?

What you need to do is remove the oil from the injector tank and replenish it with fresh oil. If you run it, it has diluted oil and will cause the engine to seize like it is. Adding more oil to gas to premix is a guess as the mixture and will just foul spark plugs. Empty the oil in the injector system and new Chances are if it wasn't run long it didn't go through the complete system. Just dump out the oil in the tank and add fresh...be sure not to get air bubbles in the lines to the injector pump.
If you still have questions give me a shout.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back