Help with pipe to and from oil tank please

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuthenticSteve

Hello,

My Twin brother died 18 months ago leaving me a 2002 SeaDoo GTX RFI. He had been servicing it so some of the parts are not complete.

It's been left in the elements since then so is in a bit of a state however, it was running before he died. I've noticed the oil tank is empty and one of the pipes running from it is not connected (see photo 1) I can't see how it is meant to be attached? There is another pipe running from the engine on the other side of the jetski coming out of the body work (see pic 2). It reaches the oil tank but seems to have a smaller pipe than one which would attach to the oil tank nozzle. So it looks like it should attach but doesn't seem to fit.

Can anyone help? I can't seem to find any pictures of the original set up and the diagrams I have found on the web don't show these pipes or connections in detail.

Kind regards

Steve

Attachments

• jetski1.jpg
    jetski1.jpg
    987.8 KB · Views: 20
  • jetski2.jpg
    jetski2.jpg
    894.7 KB · Views: 20
One way check valve on top of oil tank lets air in as oil level drops. Nothing attached to it.
Second pic might be fuel vent out. Look for a tee, that goes to fuel tank send unit.
Fuel vent in will be high up…near handle bars. (steering)

One way check valve on top of oil tank lets air in as oil level drops. Nothing attached to it.
Second pic might be fuel vent out. Look for a tee, that goes to fuel tank send unit.
Fuel vent in will be high up…near handle bars. (steering)
Thank you. That's a weight off my mind, woried if I started it oil would spray every where! Waiting for new oil to turn up and will give starting it a go! Thanks again.

Your brother may have gone straight premix. If he did, perhaps he opted not to remove the oil tank, but removed the pipes & connectors.

One way to possibly figure out what he did is to look for an oil pump. If he went straight premix, you will not have an oil pump on the front of the magneto. Instead you will have an oil block off plate. The magneto is towards the front of the ski.

This is what a typical oil pump looks like and where it is installed. Its basically at the rear side of the gas tank:

1682515665982.png

If you look and have two oil lines leading over the top of the engine like this (pink tie wraps):

1682516048206.png

Then you still have an oil pump. However, if you look in this same area and see something like this:

1682516114601.png

Or nothing at all, it may have been your brother's intention to do a block off and go full premix.

Here's another pic with area with the engine out & no oil pump:

1682516269658.png

Engine out, new oil pump installed:

1682516505152.png

However, if the ski has fuel injection, then premix will not work as it will clog the injectors. Doing a search, the GTX RFI was Rotax Fuel Injected, so you may need to find/buy the parts to hook up.

Partzilla.com can help with parts diagrams.

Here's what you're looking for:

1682546367927.png

1682546407151.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back