Please Help! 2015 Spark bad vibration/rattle and loss of power after riding!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

tomf373

I just picked up a used 2015 spark. Rode it the past few days and all seemed fine, however while riding today I noticed a vibration that gradually got worse. It was subtle when riding normally, however when the ski would jump or turn sharply the vibration/rattle was much more noticeable.

I decided to not beat on the ski any more that day and just ride it home, however on the ride home the rattle got louder and would result in a loss of throttle response. If I let off the throttle and got back on, then it would stop vibrating and act as normal until I hit a wave or a wake that would cause the rattle to return. The ski would still get up to 50 mph (max speed) when working as normal, however when the rattle would start the throttle response and top speed would decrease.

It feels to me as if something has come loose, but not broken, as the ski will accelerate and behave as normal at times. What should I be looking for as far as damage? I believe it is coming from the impeller mechanism area. Should I suspect a driveshaft issue? wear ring? I do not know what cause the ski to intermittently rattle and lose acceleration but still also be capable of running normally... No check engine lights or alarms, no limp mode, etc.

The splines on your driveshaft are rounding off causing intermittent slippage. Pretty common. Something has caused the distance between the motor and pump to change. Motor mounts or pump mounts.

Known defect in 2014-2015 Sparks. Crankshaft splines are stripped where they meet the driveshaft splines. Driveshaft is probably toast too. Now the BAD news. Out of warranty.....crankshaft (part only) $1400......driveshaft $250. Now the BAD, BAD, BAD news.....engine needs to be torn down to replace the crankshaft....lots of labor. The estimate I got from Sea Doo dealer..........total. $4250. I found a brand new 2020 Sea Doo 900 HO ACE crate engine on eBay for $3250 shipped to my door in NY from Sweden....yes, Sweden. Dealer will swap. Will end up less than $4250 and I will have brand new engine with zero hours on it.....it will be like a new ski for me as far as I am concerned.....

Back