RESTO Picked up my winter project 1996 XP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The square part of a zip tie or the rust sharpened part of the original spring clamp are often guilty of wearing through the bellows. For this reason I've used a tight fitting O-ring in it's place on the bottom of the bellows here and on the bottom of tired 787 exhaust RAVE bellows.

Got my rubber bellow in today. Happened to look down inside the lower cup portion to see if there was a slot that the stainless bolt needed to fit into. Noticed there looks like there is an oring or sealant in there?
2453e5ec8ab021af5fbe32debadaff63.jpg

Got the leaking plug welded, pipe cleaned up, painted and re-installed tonight. Next is to water test it again for leaks.
d5f0b6d735a9caeed286dfae77298ace.jpg

b95d4a245260e63bdbcf5bdd234ac82e.jpg

If you look up
In my earlier you can see the condition of mr seat. Vinyl didn’t have tears but was really sun discolored. I bought the SEM Marine vinyl coat Stingray Yellow paint. It’s not perfect match but the seat turned out great. Now does anyone know if I can get a Seadoo stencil so add the black lettering to the seat?

I wondered about that too. I guess it couldn’t hurt. I just painted mine. It doesn’t look near as good as the seat and most likely won’t be as durable.
e6ea1f66ca27ef3a77139372669f3481.jpg

I skimmed to fast last night. :) I didn't realize it was paint. We'll see how it goes. Good Luck !!

Well, I finally got to water test the ski today. Ran great. No hesitation or bog anywhere throughout the throttle. Didn’t plug chop, but I ran it for about 30 mins and the plugs look like they’re starting to turn that chocolate brown. Like someone said earlier in this post, when you gun it you better hold on. They were right.
152d6b6d5b8c6b55e059bc709456f61f.jpg

8afeee504c0a661f4e7bf48a740fbfa6.jpg

488e92c98c83b4c21442a34426bcd1e7.jpg

One more question. Is there a way to test either the speedometer or the speed paddle wheel sensor? Mine is not working.

One more question. Is there a way to test either the speedometer or the speed paddle wheel sensor? Mine is not working.

Disconnect the paddle sensor from the gauge, tap into the wires coming off the sensor, the purple/yellow and black/orange. The purple/yellow is the + wire. With the meter set on DC voltage, spin the paddle wheel, you should see a fluctuation of voltage. I'm not sure of the exact voltage value you should see, but I've seen 5.5 - 6.5 volts is being the range for most of these speed sensors.

Check me on the wire color coding, I think the 96' year models and earlier may be different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back