95 Xp winter rebuild

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KGVD

Hey wanted to ask the forum for advice on a new 95 Xp I picked up early this summer
Got it for great deal and have had no issues with it other than I believe the carbs are in need of a rebuild and I was thinking it might be a good idea to just pull the complete engine and do a rebuild?
From all I can gather it is stock nothing has been changed from visually looking.
What should I bore to .5 or 1. Over what is the Best Buy set up for a reliable recreationally ski?

Check compression, that will tell you if you need a rebuild.

As far as oversized only go to the smallest size to clean up the bore. From stock typically.25 is all that is needed unless you have major damage.

yes and looks that both cylinders are at about 125 psi so i may be jumping ahead of the horse here huh

What compression tester are you using?
Innova 3614 got it at Autozone
I also noticed in some other threads that I should have been opening the throttle but I didn’t do that will this make a difference

So wanted to give a little more info in regards to my PSI concerns after speaking to a Person of great Seadoo knowledge he informed me that I would never be able to get any engine to the #'s you referred to in the chat being that i am located at almost 5000' feet evaluation and the specs for the motor are set up at sea level where the air is much easier to obtain with that being said i learned some things and feel that i may still have some time before the over haul

It would have been a good piece of information to let us know you were at 5,000'.

Going by an altitude correction factor table for your altitude would put perfect compression at 129 psi and time for a rebuild at 103 psi.

Yes I was not aware of that info always good to ask for a couple opinions thank you for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back