Painted my ski/build thread lots of pics

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbofab

Well guys its about that time to make a slow build thread, lets start of with my 05 RXP. I bought this 3 weeks ago and have been going thru the whole ski to make sure its 100%. I have already pulled the pump and did a full pump rebuild including the wear ring. I have sand blasted the nozzle as it had some corrosion and powdercoated it black. I pulled the waterbox to mod it but realized someone else had already shorten it so i corrected some of their mistakes and re drilled the baffles. Then I pulled the valve cover and sand blasted it and powder coated it hammertone black. Now onto the major part. I was out riding when I noticed my hull had a little more water then usual, at first i didnt mind it but i realized as it sat in the water it would fill up a little more. So i finished my day and brought it back home to investigate it some more. Found a nice size crack in the hull where someone tried to fix it by putting bondo over it and repainting the whole ski. Not only did they suck at trying to fix the crack but there painting ability are horrible. Now i have completely stripped the hull and flipped it over to fix the crack and true the hull. I am truing/painting the hull as a make this thread so ill keep updating it.

ONTO THE PICS.

When I bought it

Powdercoated VC

Fixed the waterbox and broken baffles, Dont have any finished pics

Added a boost gauge ( dont mind the SRT gauge i thru it in there waiting for my liquid fill)

Trashed wear ring and pump seals were toast, opened the cone and water poured out.

Shitty paintjob is peeling off, and over spray all over

Now the to the HULL

After block sanding getting out all of the high and low spots and taking off the old crap paint.

CRACK that the previous owner tried covering up

First coat of primer, needs to be block sanded

Wet sanded and ready for paint.

Finished painting the bottom. let it cure and on to the top

In the process of sanding.

All sanded

Rideplate all sealed up and the holes filled. Also got the Intake grate flush to the rideplate and the holes filled.

Just needs to be wet sanded then its ready for paint

Sorry for the shitty lighting it is still drying

Sterling grey trim pieces and hood.

Engines back in

All finished up. Fired up perfect with no codes or anything.

Wow awesome!! Would you mind sharing all the products you used? Primer paint etc.

Nice work!

Vert good job.

Interested in painting another one
:)

Thank you, if I had some help then yea I wouldnt mind painting another one.

Looks good. I like it

:)

Super nice,
Love your garage too.

What was the total time spent doing all of this?

Thanks I love my garage too :)

Since I had to fix the bottom of the hull I pulled the engine and gas tank and pretty much everything besides the wiring harness. I have about 60-70 hours into everything. But I spent 30+ hours truing the bottom of the hull and working the rideplate and intake grate to pretty much perfection. If i didnt mess with the bottom of the hull i could have a ski painted and back together in a weekend.

Wow awesome!! Would you mind sharing all the products you used? Primer paint etc.

Nice work!

Thanks, I will get all the information tomorrow for you, Used all sherwin williams auto/boat paints. The bottom and top were done with Genesis paint (2part urethane) which is stronger then Imron paint.

:thumbsup:

If you were around my back yard I would of taken you up on that offer!

Def good work and seriously jealous of your garage.
It looks like you have some other toys under covers.
One red one tried to sneak peek.

:auto:

Where were you when I needed my 96 Spx hood painted, gave it to the guy in March he was suppost delivery it tonight, now he say's the clear coat losted its shine called die back and has to buff it now.
We should ride some it a the Clauseway, next to Honeymood island. I have inlaws that live a mile away from there, and I'm located in Hernando Co, but my othter ski 97 gsx modded is at Jet Trenz in New PortRichy getting the rebuilt engine installed.
Sean

:thumbsup:

If you were around my back yard I would of taken you up on that offer!

Def good work and seriously jealous of your garage.
It looks like you have some other toys under covers.
One red one tried to sneak peek.

:auto:

Thanks man yea the garage has some more toys two 2012 mustangs premiums. The red one is my dads and the white one is mine :)

I do a whole lot of welding and fabrication out of the garage/shop so its really nice having a big garage.

Where were you when I needed my 96 Spx hood painted, gave it to the guy in March he was suppost delivery it tonight, now he say's the clear coat losted its shine called die back and has to buff it now.
We should ride some it a the Clauseway, next to Honeymood island. I have inlaws that live a mile away from there, and I'm located in Hernando Co, but my othter ski 97 gsx modded is at Jet Trenz in New PortRichy getting the rebuilt engine installed.
Sean

damn sorry to hear about the paint hope it turns out good. If you need anything just give me a pm. Jettrendz is good people, they have always helped me out when I needed it.

WoW!!!! That was a huge undertaking. Obviously you know what you're doing. Your ski looks awesome, nicely done, sir!

i thought the ski looked great before... but WOW it looks fantastic, i love the color combo and that grey on the hood is an awesome color !!

this ski looks great, really into the gray black and white , and how you put it all together, it will be nice if you could pich in what type of paint you used, and if is gelcoat a writeup is a must, there is a lot of other members (me), that would love to have this done someday, ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!! well done, love the color combination.

Are the paints "gel coat" or is it actual "paint"?

Its paint, its a 2part urethane paint so its super string and goes on 2-3mils thick.

i thought the ski looked great before... but WOW it looks fantastic, i love the color combo and that grey on the hood is an awesome color !!

Thank you :0

hey Sr we could try doing something like this together ....#weekendproject lmao

Yea pm me

this ski looks great, really into the gray black and white , and how you put it all together, it will be nice if you could pich in what type of paint you used, and if is gelcoat a writeup is a must, there is a lot of other members (me), that would love to have this done someday, ....

Its not gelcoat its a 2part urethane paint. Its sherwin william Genisis paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back