P1615 only when throttle fully pushed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Joeesq25

2011 Seadoo RXTX 260. Runs great except when I squeeze throttle all the way I throw a P1615 and it goes into limp mode. Pull key, restart and gas it, clears code and I am good to go. If I stay just off full throttle (complete grip squeeze) can run it for hours no code.

Any thoughts ?

P1615 is related to throttle position.

The 2011 model has an electronic throttle so short of verifying that there are no issues with the harness or cable and that the throttle plate itself is free of debris or corrosion... Without software like CanDoo, there is not much you could do but replace the throttle body.

If you replace the throttle body you need a Candoo or BUDS reader to marry the throttle body to the ECM , but yes the option is replace the throttle body or the ECM , manual says check wiring and the connectors but i would doubt that if it's only doing it at full throttle.

Got it, what are thoughts on throttle body? OEM? I noticed a few aftermarket versions significantly cheaper.

Throttle body is not married to the ECU. The only thing that should be done after throttle body replacement is resetting the throttle position but this usually isn't even necessary.

Back