Our Gtx 155 doesnt start and make stange sounds. Please Help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einkommensteuer

Dear Community,

Our Gtx always had problems with starting when it was warmed up (We bought it last year and always had such problems). Sometimes it took a minute to start the engine, but it started perfectly if the engine is cold.

Last weekend we tried to start it after we had a short break at the beach, But it just beeped and made strange sounds. You can hear them in the video, that i uploaded. The display shows us the Problemcodes P1680 and P1681.

If you had the same Problems, or you know why it doesnt start please help us!

https://youtu.be/qE_7GOskEzk

Kind Regards,

Einkommensteuer

For starters...you need to do a better job of protecting the inside of the hull from water corrosion.

Load test the battery.

Check your starter relay.

Hey Germany! I spent 3 years at Spangdahlem. Where are you allowed to ride your ski anyway?

Your ski sounds like it has a dead battery. Pull the battery and have it load tested. The label on the battery (if it's still there) will display Cold cranking amps (CCAs). What you need to know is how many CCAs your battery is producing now.

Are you pressing and HOLDING the button or doing a press and release. Specifically, is the banging happening when you press and hold the start button or are you doing a press and release kind of thing?

Go to seadoomanuals dot net. From there, you can download the factory service manual. It will tell you where everything is located, and you can read up on the required routine maintenance.

Thank you for the quick Replys !

The battery is fully boosted so I guess its the Starter relay, but where exactly is it located ?

Thank you for the quick Replys !

The battery is fully boosted so I guess its the Starter relay, but where exactly is it located ?

How can you say the battery is fully boosted if you do not know where it is??? This absolutely sounds like a low voltage situation to me..

How can you say the battery is fully boosted if you do not know where it is??? This absolutely sounds like a low voltage situation to me..
Lol i know where the battery is! I don't know where the starting relay is located[emoji43]. So do you think I should Chance the relay or do you think I need a new Starter ?

Are you pressing and HOLDING the button or doing a press and release. Specifically, is the banging happening when you press and hold the start button or are you doing a press and release kind of thing?
Yes I am pressing and Holding the button. If I just press and Release the start Button nothing happens

Either take it to a local auto parts store or, put a meter on the posts, press the start button, what voltage is on the meter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay i guess we found the Problem.. The engine simply stuck. We changed the Starter but nothing happens. The battery have enough load so we took off the pump and tryed to turn the drive shaft but nothing happend.

So I guess the engine is done..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back