2007 155 GTX RPM question and rough start question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlowings

Over the weekend I had the chance to take out a "new to me 155 GTX 2007" . My son quickly pointed out that at 45 mph the RPM was around 65 6700 RPM's . That seemed a little high to me. The machine ran "ok" for the duration of our two and a half hour ride down and back on the lake. When we got back to the ramp area, there was a large line of boats being taken out of the water so we turned our skies off and swam for a while while the ramps cleared out. When we went to start the 155, it notably harder to start "but it did finally crank and start" .. What kind of things do I need to be looking at on this "new to me" ski . It looks like it had a hard life, and I would like to start the process of giving it some TLC .. Im thinking first step is a new wear ring and impeller, but is there other things I need to keep an eye on or address first ? Thanks for any and all suggestions .

Last edited:
#1 Spark plugs # 2 Fresh Gas # 3 A good General inspection of the ski
wiring, Hose clamps , Impeller / wear ring etc

Okay,,,are you leaking water and cavitating at the carbon ring?...Next,,,remove the pump and inspect the prop blades for "bendage",,,and the wear ring for "scoring/gouges",,,the motor is spinning but not pushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back