Oil requirements

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubone

Hi everyone , sorry for a basic question however I’m new to Sea-Doo jet skis. Last weekend I picked up a 1996 SP jet ski for my daughter and I know nothing about the oil requirements. I assume the gas Is pre mix to 50:1 ? Is that correct ? And what is the oil cap with the dip stick ? Located just under the seat and the tank is on top of the gas. This oil looks like a standard 10w-30 or something like that. That is this oil type and what is it used for ?

Thanks for any help.

No pre-mix (except for those who have modified their skis to run on pre-mix), that’s a dedicated oil tank that mixes the oil and fuel for you... Not 10w-30, you’d need to buy SeaDoo oil from a dealership (or online). If you Google SeaDoo 2-stroke oil, you’ll get a link to their website to order online if you don’t have a dealership nearby. Hope that helps!

You do not need to buy the Seadoo brand. The key spec is TC-W3. Look for that in other brands, even WalMart.

No pre-mix (except for those who have modified their skis to run on pre-mix), that’s a dedicated oil tank that mixes the oil and fuel for you... Not 10w-30, you’d need to buy SeaDoo oil from a dealership (or online). If you Google SeaDoo 2-stroke oil, you’ll get a link to their website to order online if you don’t have a dealership nearby. Hope that helps!
Great thanks

No question I would use the oil that is for Seadoo's ...it's a little pricey but this is what I use. I have 2 -92 and a 91 XP and they run great!! this is the oil to use...

Attachments

• 1532304969712282227946.jpg
    1532304969712282227946.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
You do not need to buy the Seadoo brand. The key spec is TC-W3. Look for that in other brands, even WalMart.

Absolutely NEVER run TCW-3 oil in any seadoo.! I hate to flame someone but this is absolutely wrong.

Only API-TC spec oil, mineral is fine for 720 and smaller and only full synthetic for 787 and 951.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back