Spark plugs smothered in oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dylanpearson

I recently picked up a 97 seadoo gtx that seems to have the common ”rotarty valve cavity seal leak” When I first got the ski the oil lines were completely disconnected. After connecting everything back on the right way after the jet ski sits for 1-2 days oil just covers the spark plugs. Ive been able to start it up a couple times and it runs great idles and revs up no problem but once it sits for 1-2 days the oil makes It impossible for the spark plugs to ignite the gas. The only time I’ve been able to get it started is by taking off the head and wiping the cylinder walls clean and after putting it all back together it fires up instantly and runs great for that single day. I’m just wondering if this is grounds for a rebuild or if theirs ways to go around this. I’ve also installed a valve in between the oil tank and the cavity hoping that would fix it but oil still makes it into the cylinders. I’ve read some forums and some people put marine grease inside the cavity instead of 2 stroke oil. Any help would be great.

Back