Oil Pressure gauge will not stop

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Lu

Hello, I have a 2001 Challenger 2000. Had it since new and it runs great. Last year my fuel gauge stop working and this year the oil pressure gauge will not stop buzzing. There is plenty of oil in the tank and reserve, and the boat runs fine. Are the gauges linked or do I really have an oil pressure problem?

I may be wrong but in my opinion... I would assume there is some kind of sensor in ypur oil reserve tank that could be bad. If its anything like an auto fuel gauge system...there is a sensor in the tank and when it goes bad it either completely stops workin or reads incorrect at certain points. If your oil tank has a similar sensor your buzzing may go away if you add oil.

Challenger Oil Gauge Actually a starter problem

So I have been ignoring the oil warning light for a couple of years. This year it really started bugging me. Last Friday night out on the lake for a late cruise, shut the boat off enjoy the quite and stars shinning all is good then we decide to head back to the cottage. Now the oil light is flashing and beeping very fast, something new also new is that the boat will not start (wife not happy, especially after the 1.5 hours of rowing to get back). As it turns out my problem has been a corroded cable from the battery to the starter. I cleaned off the cables with some emery cloth and put a coating on top, and suddenly the boat starts and the oil light does not come on anymore. I am posting this story just in case anyone one else has had this problem.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back