oil injection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curtbutler

ok so as i was putting my carb back on and connecting the cables i noticed on the cable that is connected from the thottle cable mount to the mount on the oil injector wont spring back. so if you hook it up, pull the throttle wide open the arm swings like it should to wide open and would be injecting max oil, but if you then let go of the throttle the gas cable retracts back but the one to the oil injector stays wot. i have to push it to go back to idleing oil injection mode... did my spring break in there or what? problem is its a real B*%$h to get at without unmouting the engine.

HELP!!!

there's two allen bolts that hold the pump in place. Remove them, pull the pump and cable. Then with the pump in your hands, remove the nut at the center of the pump. Then you'll be able to reinstall the spring properly. You probably turned the pump arm in the wrong direction causing the spring to detach of its spot.

You're probably not going to want to hear this buy there's a spring behind the arm of the oil pump, you need one turn on this spring and hook it to the oil pump arm. Now the bad news is this is just about impossible to do with the carbs. mounted, so the best bet is to remove the carbs.

Lou

Attachments

• 100_0651.JPG
    100_0651.JPG
    810.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_0652.jpg
    100_0652.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 6
is it going to be a pain in the a%* to get off? considering it is in a tight spot and i cant see what im doing? or could i just wire a spring to it and mount it behide it so it pulls on it lightly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back