Oil injection bypass

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited your post. That was your hull number. (akin to the VIN of your car)

I need the SN off of the engine. Basically... Seadoo didn't make, or even have anything to do with the Mercury SportJet engines. And... for the 240EFI engine... there was major changes in 2001-1/2. But... my 2002 boat, has a late 1999 engine. AND... I know I've even seen 2003 boats with the 2001 engines.

The reason is... Mercury didn't have a "Model year" like a boat or car manufacture does. They made engines, and they used the actual production year. Seadoo... on the other hand... will release a "2004 Model Year" boat almost 9 months out of date. So... realistically... you can buy a 2004, in the spring of 2003. (I always thought that was dumb)

With that... if seadoo had a stockpile of the engines... you can see an engine date that is close to 2 year older than the "Model Year" of the boat.

Did that make sense?

It's highly, unlikely you have the old style engine... but it's better to make sure.

Look on your engine... and there will be a S/N tag. But the quick and dirty way to tell is....

On the 2001-1/2 and earlier engines... the top cover is round.

On the 2002 and newer engines... the cover is more rectangle.

The reason the cover is different is that on my engine... the charging system is a "Mag" system. (coils under the flywheel) On the newer engines... there is an actual alternator, and a belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the marinesolutionswi.com would work on a 240 engine. I only see the 200 listed. That would make me feel much more at ease, since I would like to avoid premix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back