Oil Disabled... Now What???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjridings

I diasbled my automatic oil injection and have gone to pre mix at 40:1. My question is what do I do the oil tank? Am I suppose to keep oil in it for the shaft and if so what type or kind of oil do I use? Thaks for the help. It is a 94 seadoo gtx.

I diasbled my automatic oil injection and have gone to pre mix at 40:1. My question is what do I do the oil tank? Am I suppose to keep oil in it for the shaft and if so what type or kind of oil do I use? Thaks for the help. It is a 94 seadoo gtx.

Your upper(return) and lower(supply) oil lines need to be hooked up to the tank. Then you need to put the same oil you are premixing with in the oil tank. I put about a 1/4 of a tank in the oil tank. Just enough to be sure your lower oil line is full of oil. My return line is actually putting oil back to the tank. Some guys actually just loop the lower oil line right to the upper oil line and put oil in there and leave a little room for expansion. But I think they have to change that every season. The reason you must use the same oil that you are premixing with is that if your inner crank seals leak then you will be burning more oil and it is not recomended to mix oiles.

For all the complexity of removing this and smoking out plugs a lot, it would just make sense to clean the system with kerosene while using premix and put in the right oil without switching brands - this is why you get this paste in the nozzles, replace the 1/8 lines and away you go without all the smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back