PO Injection Oil Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Bowhunter8

Hey All,

Picked up some cheap but good running 90 and 89’ SP 587’s.

PO used (not sure for how longer, at least a year) from what I can tell to be the incorrect injection oil. He used Supertech 2-Stroke Marin oil DFI & TC-W3

The correct oil from my research, looks to be low Ash API TC.

What would you guys do? Mix in new correct oil? Drain tank and put new oil? Keep running the same oil because they seem to be functioning well? I don’t have a lot of money into these but would like to keep them running lol

I would personally drain the oil from the oil tank and all the oil lines Drain the oil out of the rotary valve. Refill with the correct oil. I wouldn't worry about the oil in the tiny lines that go from the oil pump to the intake. It won't take long to clear those out running it.

Yes you need to get the wrong oil out and the correct in.
Drain the tank and lines and replace the inline oil filter. I would also change out any oil tank rubber grommets and the small lines from the oil pump to the intake manifold.

Finally with fresh oil remove the bleed screw on the oil pump until fresh oil comes out then with the engine idling hold the oil pump arm wide open until the new little lines are full.

You don’t mix oils because they can gel and plug the oiling system.

Back