no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcr357

I took on some water on my 96 GSX due to the return colling hose coming off. Ski had ALOT of water in it when I got back to dock(still running) On the trailer, and the water drained, it wont start. No spark, and I traced the only hot wire going to the coil up to the computer in front. No time to test for current at the computer, but I did test at the coil, and there is nothing. ANyone have an idea of the problem? The computer seemed dry, but the is no current whatsoever going to the coil right now. I am going to let it sit in the FL sun tomorrow, hoping it will dry it out. Anyone able help?

Water in the stator is what Im thinking, I am trying to trace the wire thats sends a trigger to the mpem for the spark, but no luck so far. The wiring diagrams help a little. I dread taking the stator cover off, though, I know most of the bolts are going to snap off....

re

Of the six wires going into the stator at the front case cover, five have current on the mpem side of the connector when disconnected, the sixth becomes hot when I plug it in and put the dess on. This cant be right, one has to be cold at some point in the rotation to trigger the mpem to send the current to the coil. Off with the front case, seems like there is a short in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back