No fuel from vst?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSMS

Hi i'm a newbe here. My 2000 seadoo with a 240 hp efi mercury motor will not start . Their is no fuel going
into the injectors. The plugs have no fuel on them. When i hooked a portable tank up to the vst and pumped the ball she started an ran. Any suggestions?

OK...

So... if you put fuel into the vapor separator... it will run. (right?)

If so... then your high pressure side is working.

So... we need to get fuel up there.

OK... there are 2 other fuel pumps on your engine. One is an electric lift pump, and it is only active when your "Crank" the engine. The other pump is the pulse pump. It's what feeds the VST when the engine is running.

It's not probable that both of them died... so I'm going to say, you probably have a restriction.

Let's try this...

On the bottom of the electric lift pump... the metal fitting is a filter. Take it off, and make sure it's clear. Better yet... just replace it. THEN... hook your remote tank to that fitting, and see if you can start the engine. If it still won't go... try pumping the bulb on your remote tank, and see if you can push fuel though it.

There is a possibility, that if the electric pump failed... the valves stuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting back to me Dr. I plan on checking the filter this evening. When i put fuel in the vst the high speed pump is sending it to the engine and she will run ? My problem should be before the vst i hope? wish me luck and i will get back to you with the results.

Good Morning Dr Honda

Just wanted to say thanks for your help. I changed out the filter before the vst tank and she started and runse not fine. I have not water tested as of yet. I will let you know. Thanks again.

Good Morning Dr Honda

Just wanted to say thanks for your help. I changed out the filter before the vst tank and she started and runse not fine. I have not water tested as of yet. I will let you know. Thanks again.

Runs not fine?????
Do you mean Runs just fine...as in OK, now it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back