Fuel Pressure Test Gauge .. what are people using ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

slacks

Hello Everyone, I would like to test the fuel pressure on the VST system on my 2000 Challenger 2000 with the Merc 240 EFI engine. I see reference material stating to hook up the gauge to the schrader valve which is pretty straight forward, however, the mercury part number for their gauge is outrageous.

Interested in knowing what others are using, the mercury tool looks like it has a hose to it, I appreciate there will be some fuel flowing from the valve, so is the hose there to simply get rid of what could be there. I see people are hooking up the gauge and measuring the pressure but not sure if there is more involved with the hose I see on the mercury one.

Thanks in Advance

In a pinch, you an use a tire pressure stick gauge. Yeah, there will be some gas that comes out, so use a rag... but it will work. I regularly use a pressure gauge with a flexi-hose that has a screw-on end. Works fine. And yes... there will be a little gas draining out of the hose when I disconnect... no biggie.

Just the standard fuel pressure gage from your favorite auto parts store. About $50. May be less online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back