No beeps, nothing, what the #$@*?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

3D Jesse

Hi, new here, probably going for the premium membership for access to diagrams/manuals etc but thought I would ask to see if there will be good help there if I get that deep. Rode machine 1 week ago, ran great, no big problems. Went to take it out 3 nights ago and put lanyard on and got nothing. 12 volts on batt, I can jump solenoid and that turns over motor, tried to press start 5 times to get anything out of it and hasn't made a peep yet.
Any help appreciated BTW, awesome site, great parts section, I think I will be using it shortly!
Jesse

I did, they are all fine. After doing some reading here, the DESS post seems a likely culprit. Any way to test a lanyard? Is that something I should expect to find an answer to in the members areas?
Thanks for the response
Jesse

It is very clean, but I will try with the eraser, I'm desperate. Thanks for the help
Jesse

Leave the key on over night seems to fix my DESS system BS problems. When ever mine acts up I have to play with the other electical swtiches on my boat to almost "wake-up" the damn DESS. Man that system is annoying go back to real keys.

Slvr bulit- Nice picture!
3D Jesse- Check my posts in this forum under 98 XP electrical hell! Might help. Still working it, but I'll try to clean the posts and leave the lanyard on all night. OBTW- I opted for the premium membership and found I had better responses on the free side, just for your info

Yeah, nice pic although I know Taunton a little, don't see many 'decorations' like that there!
Thanks for the input all, I will check out your other posts and let you know what happens. This sucks, supposed to bring machines to RI this weekend, not anymore, I guess reliability beyond 2 years was asking a little too much for this thing.

I cleaned the posts and left the lanyard on, no luck. I'm starting to think it has more to do with the DESS which will require my mechanic to work

Sorry for the delay...
Troubleshot the DESS post this morning, unfortunately it is working fine. Looks like it may be the module. I need to find the troubleshooting guide for it. Any other ideas, I'm all ears...

remove your plug connector to the mpem clean it electrical cleaning spray and try again, I would also put in a new 5 a fuse, because you can jump it, it has to be ethier your key needs to be reprogramed or a wire broke or corroded in your starting circuit

Hallo
I have the same problem on my seadoo challenger 1800. One day i was lucky to get the beep. So i di run some test. when i did push the start/stop bottom 5 times i got a beep. Even if I remove the poss for the lanyard. I did disconect it. When i did push the start/stop first time I could hear a click in the mpem and then after the 5 push i heard the beep. But the day after is was dead again. no beep or clik !!!. Did you solve you problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back