No beeps challenger 100

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PGJDK

No beeps challenger 1800

Im in Denmark and we have problem getting our seadoo problems fixed there is not so many. I have a seadoo challenger 1999 with 2 engines. I have seen another that have the same problem as me so it paste his describtion here belove. he´s better in writing english then me. I hope someone have some suggestions.
Sometimes i was lucky to get some beeps and after using saltwater on the lanyard i thought the problem was solved becuase the engine started did work for some time. But now have no beeps at all with key or 5 push on the start bottem. have checked all fusches.
In advanced thanks

descibed by another seadoo challenger with same problem.

I have a 1999 seadoo challenger 1800, I bought it from a guy who could not get it started. I brought it home and checked all electrical connections and charged the battery and it fired right up so I was thinking a dead battery was the problem. The next morning I was going to take to to the river for a test run and it would not start, it would not give me any beeps. Then I looked around for problems and found none, I disconnected the dess post and re connected it and fired right up. I took it to the river and it ran great all day. Three or four days later I was going go out again and again it would not start. I had no beeps at all, when putting lanyard on the gauges would flash and then die quickly. If I put the post on quick enough I would hear the two beeps and again everything would die. Everything else works, horns, lights, bilge pump and blower but there is no power across the 5amp fuse for the gauges or the 5amp fuse for the ignition. There is only power at the fuses for a second and then it cuts off and makes a clicking noise from the MPEM. Any advice would be great.
Thanks in advance,

Here i what I have done so far......
1 Checked the battery at autozone
2 Checked all my ground connection
3 Cleaned post and lnyard
4 Switced post with known working one off my speedster
5 Checked all fuses
6 Tried the advanced diagnostics (didnt even get the one short one long beep that signals it is ready for the test before you but the lanyard on)
7 Checked voltage at both start/stop switches
8 Went through the manual and tested all testable functions associated to the mpem
9 dissconnected all grounds that I could find cleaned and checked them to ground with ohm meter (the buzzer type)

Hallo Everybody:cheers:
I have looked true the topics you have been writing. Great gives good info.

I have check battery. But decided to buy a new. Problem solved It can be difficult to se a power drop on the battery when it´s turn on/off. I was messuring 12.8 volt all the time but the MPEM did not clik. So after 4 years the battery needed to be changed. It runs perfect again. Also rember to clean key. That gave problem in the begiing of the summer.

Thanks for all the writing it gives good info for solving problem. To be right the wife said from 4 days ago that it was the battery!!! I said now everything was working, Light blower, Horn and so on. But she was right !!! And she is blond!!:hurray:

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe your lanyard cap is loose on the dss post. Try giving it a squeeze with you fingers and place it on the post, my gtx had the same issue and it fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back