Newbie Spark owner with questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Caper99

Hi everyone,

Just took the plunge and purchased a pair of 2014 seadoo sparks. Original owner only used one season in 2014 and put 7 hours on them. At end of season they were winterized, and have been in storage for a year and a half.

What is done when they are winterized? I want to put back in water and try them out ASAP. So I plan on trickle charging the batteries, and draining fuel.

So any other suggestions? Should I do an oil change too? If so, what grade of oil? And what grade of fuel do you guys use?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'm total newbie and can use any and all advice and tips

Hi everyone,

Just took the plunge and purchased a pair of 2014 seadoo sparks. Original owner only used one season in 2014 and put 7 hours on them. At end of season they were winterized, and have been in storage for a year and a half.

What is done when they are winterized? I want to put back in water and try them out ASAP. So I plan on trickle charging the batteries, and draining fuel.

So any other suggestions? Should I do an oil change too? If so, what grade of oil? And what grade of fuel do you guys use?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I'm total newbie and can use any and all advice and tips

Here are some steps to follow

• Inspect all fuel and water lines for cracks or any other types of damage. Always replace any lines that you notice with damage before riding.
  • Check all electrical connections for damage or build up. If any damages are noticed be sure to have them repaired. For build-up, a good cleaning will help reset for riding season.
  • Change the oil. (Sea-Doo XPS full synthetic oil)
  • Spark plugs can develop residue or collect moisture over the winter due to the cold. Check and change your spark plugs if necessary.
  • Make sure your battery has been properly charged and reinstall the battery into your Sea-Doo watercraft.
  • The controls should be checked for proper movement.
  • Double-check that your Sea-Doo watercraft is running correctly by connecting it to a hose. Start the engine and run for no longer than two minutes.
  • If you run into any questions during the Spring-cleaning process, always refer to your Sea-Doo owner’s manual or ask your authorized Sea-Doo dealer.

Back