Newbie here

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vbxp94

Hi yall, I'm Travis, I am from Virginia Beach and been a beach bum my whole life, whether its surfing, fishing, boating, whatever. I have rode pwc's before but just a month or so ago I picked up a 94 xp with the 650cc motor. Like the title says, I'm a friggin newb to pwc's. Overall it is in good shape, but needs some TLC and will be my project during the winter. Just figured I should stop in and say hello. So, hello!

Hey Travis. Welcome to the site! Feel free to share your experiences with everyone as you venture into ownership. We have a great group of people here who are ready to help trouble shoot any problems that may arise!

Hello!....

Hello Travis. I've been to Virginia Beach. I have a sister that lives there and when I visit, it's hard to come home!.....nice place to be a beach bum!

Your XP actually has a 657cc Rotax, oil injected engine. While I'm at it, your compression ratio is 6.4:1 and you have the standard CDI ignition. Check your plugs, they should be the NGK brand BR8ES gapped to .020". Your rev limiter is set at 7000 rpm +/- 100 and your naturally aspirated with 2 Mikuni BN-38 carbs.

Welcome to the forum. Glad you could drop in!....let us know if you run into any issues. It's a pretty old engine. Make sure you check your compression (should be over 100 psi) and read your plugs. The only thing I can think of you may want to consider, is it your still running the oil injection system, you may want to consider going to pre-mix!....

Again, Welcome to the forum. You'll find nice and friendly staff and members, eager to help.

Lots of information availiable.

Hey Travis, welcome to the seadoo forum! As a new owner you might conceder joining as a premium member like most of the active members on the forum. It allows you to download a authentic seadoo manual and operators guide. The seadoo forum has a library of manuals that you can download and read on line in a pdf form, or print it off and have a copy for your own personal and privet use. Click on the "seadoo manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. This is a friendly forum and the members are eager to help with any questions you may have.:)
Karl

Hello all the way from the UK.

David.:cheers:

Cool, I didnt realize this was international!

Hello Travis. I've been to Virginia Beach. I have a sister that lives there and when I visit, it's hard to come home!.....nice place to be a beach bum!

Living here I try not to take it forgranted, but it is weird to think people vacation here!

Your XP actually has a 657cc Rotax, oil injected engine.

Gotya, I thought I had read somewhere that it was a 650cc but reffered to as the 657 by name!? I appreciate ya setting me straight :cheers:

The only thing I can think of you may want to consider, is it your still running the oil injection system, you may want to consider going to pre-mix!....

Would you mind explaining a little more about the topic?

oil injection removal!...

I've seen several members who have done away with the oil injection pump, only in the naturally aspirated engines, and went to pre-mix. The procedure is pretty simple. You remove the injection pump on the front of the engine, take out the plastic drive shaft, put the pump back on and pinch or plug the small (1/8") lines that lead to the botton end of the carbs at the rotary plate.
You'll have to leave the oil tank on though because the rotary chamber must remain submerged in oil or you'll do major damage to the engine. You will probably never have to put anymore in it, but you'll have to maintain it. If you go premix, you'll need to mix a gas ratio of 50:1 in your tank. I'd run the engine till your pretty sure your premix has reached the engine, then shut it down to disable the pump. Don't shut it down and do premix if you have plain gas in the lines. There will be several minutes the engine would run without lubrication.
And remember, if your engine is using the synthetic blend, then you'll need to stay with the synthetic blend. Or do a complete change out!....don't just mix the two together.

Engine sizes....

.............and with the engine sizes, it seems most owners, shops and mechanics refer to the motor sizes with a rounded off size. I've heard the 787cc called an 800cc...
I know in motorcycles, the engine designation is always different from what it actually is. Must be an easy way to remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back