New with a Seadoo.. Help! lol

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

leemjrs

Whats up everyone. I recently was giving a 1997 Seadoo Speedster as a gift from my father in law. He was owed money and the Seadoo was giving to him but it has been literally sitting in on his land for a year now without being run. Now I got it and need some pointers on how should I attack this rebuild. Keep in mind I have never owned a boat before some brand new to this. Some quesitons. 1. Should I bring it to Yamaha and have them run some tests? 2. Does anyone know someone in Central Florida who could look at this jetboat and help me out? Are there any certain parts I would need to pay special attention to according to year of boat or for the fact its been sitting for a year with no run? Any help would be great. Im really taking alot of time to make this a project for me. Im excited to have found this site to. Hope someone out there can help.. lata

Whats up everyone. I recently was giving a 1997 Seadoo Speedster as a gift from my father in law. He was owed money and the Seadoo was giving to him but it has been literally sitting in on his land for a year now without being run. Now I got it and need some pointers on how should I attack this rebuild. Keep in mind I have never owned a boat before some brand new to this. Some quesitons. 1. Should I bring it to Yamaha and have them run some tests? 2. Does anyone know someone in Central Florida who could look at this jetboat and help me out? Are there any certain parts I would need to pay special attention to according to year of boat or for the fact its been sitting for a year with no run? Any help would be great. Im really taking alot of time to make this a project for me. Im excited to have found this site to. Hope someone out there can help.. lata

Welcome to the seadoo forum. If it's a Yamaha...your in the wrong forum... If it is a seadoo you came to the right place. We have our own "parts" warehouse to buy parts for your seadoo; http://www.seadoowarehouse.com/

Do you have a seadoo shop manual? If not here’s an idea for you. You could join as a "premium member". As a premium member you can down load a authentic seadoo manual from the seadoo manual library. In the library is a variety of manuals for almost all years and models. You can view as many as you like on line as a PDF file, or download it and print it for your personal and private use. There are operator manuals and repair manuals for you to do your own repairs on your seadoo. The repair manuals have everything from troubleshooting, repair procedures to winterizing. It contains wire diagrams torque specs and pictures for disassemble and assemble instructions. In the spec sheets it tells everything needed to maintain oil changes, spark plug gaps, carburetor rebuilds and impeller wear ring tolerances. Click on the "Seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. If you need any help or get in a jam, we are always here to answer your questions too. Premium members get priority when it comes to getting quick detailed answers.

I would start with a new battery, check the compression, if it's good drain the old fuel out, clean the carbs, install new spark plugs and fire it up. If you have any questions give us a shout.

Karl

Thanks for the help Karl. I'll be checking out the battery, spark plugs etc.. this week. It is a Sea Doo not a Yamaha. Dont ask me why I said that :ack:
Anyway, I'll definitely look forward into getting everyone feedback on my progress and some future pics are in the works. Thanks again for the welcoming..

Back