2001 Seadoo RFI project ....looking for input

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

fics

I sold one of my motorcycles and took a 2001 Seadoo GTX RFI project on partial trade plus money.... so... I have the Seadoo on trailer engine in box ...rebuilt SBT engine... no rave valves ... the engine is 10 over.... I'm not a Seadoo guy ... so what do I need to fix the Rave valve issue.... and are there any other things/issues to deal with? The hour meter on the machine shows 175HR... what should I change.. fix ...R/R to get this machine in working order... I plan on giving to my daughter for her birthday in June....any help and input would be appreciated... especially the rave valve situation ... dude says they have to be machined so they don't hit the pistons ....understand what he is telling me ...just need direction in what I need to resolve the issue...

Any and all help is extremely appreciated

I'd suggest doing some searches on this board to answer your questions. You have a lot to do. You don't even know if the engine is good. Need a compression test. Then when you install the engine you'll need an alignment tool. I change the oil in the jet pump. Rave valves aren't a big deal. Do you have the housings, diaphragms and all that? Send the fuel injectors of to be cleaned, remove the fuel canister and replace the filters. Drain the gas out of the fuel tank and clean it, check the oil tank for leaks. That should keep you busy but that's not all. :)

I restore these old skis complete because they'll never be reliable unless you fix everything. Good Luck !

IMO I would put some 2 stoke oil in the spark plug hole , leave plugs out, and turn the motor over a few times by hand to verify it isn't locked up, You can also look through the rave valve holes and see how the pistons look. Hopefully it had oil in it while it was sitting to keep it from rusting. The rave valve issue is easy. Since the motor was bored the cylinder walls are a little larger as well as the pistons, the rave valves align close to the piston and move to allow for engine efficiency near the mid band and up. You will need to have them shaved a little so they don't come in contact with the larger pistons. This forum should have the amount needed to take off, just search a little. I would got to a machine shop to get it done, you want the same angle that is there now. But if you are competent in that area you can do it yourself.

Back