New to the forums.... need urgent help with my 96 gsx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey96gsx

well i just bought this 96 seadoo gsx a couple days ago and its in excellent shape however when we got it home we went to start it and it just clicks like the motor is seized up... however the motor spins over fine with the spark plugs out so it makes me think its a starter issue!! i have a good battery with a good charge on it so i cant see that being the issue. when you hit the start button it clunks but wont spin over??? anybody have any recomendations or things to look at??? i test rode the jet ski before i bought it and it ran great but still did the starter thing it just eventually if you held it for a minute it would fire so idk whats going on but i was hoping to ride it this weekend:confused:

any help is greatly appreciated

I would start by cleaning all the cable ends. But, it sounds like you just need to rebuild the starter.

FTI... Do not buy an ebay starter. They are very "Hit or miss." We see a lot of threads here about them not working from the very first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back