New to seadoo boats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone pull there boat out of storage and one of its engines spin over but not fire, 2007 speedster 200 430hp, good compression no spark, I’m new to these boats.

Anyone pull there boat out of storage and one of its engines spin over but not fire, 2007 speedster 200 430hp, good compression no spark, I’m new to these boats.

Have you tried swapping coils from one motor to the other? That way you can rule out the coils not providing spark.

They certainly can. It's highly unlikely all three are dead, but it costs nothing to check. If you swap and you still do not have spark, you'll need to check fuses and other components of the ignition system.

swap the coils and confirm. You may want to get the repair manual to help you trouble shoot the ignition system.

Have you confirmed power to the coils? You'll need to trace the wires back from the coils and see where the power stops.

Not on 4-tec but I've seen another EFI system where the ecu failed to power on the fuel pump, resulting in no-start. Cranking was fine, don't recall if ignition was okay.

I believe a battery charger was involved b/c they'd had battery issues before hand but I couldn't confirm it.

It’s got a brand new battery, not telling

Right, well I've seen enough phantom ECU failures to advise being veewwii careful (Elmer Fudd voice) charging the battery and jump starting any modern vehicle. Have a read here as this is well understood by too few, IMO:

"Understanding voltage drop
Let’s start with the concept of voltage drop on a perfectly good car with a fully charged battery. If you connect a scope lead to the positive battery terminal and ground and crank the engine, the scope trace shows that battery voltage drops to around 3-volts for about 15-ms before climbing back to 6-volts and then ramps up to 12-volts. See the chart below."

https://m.littelfuse.com/~/media/el...n_automotive_environment_application_note.pdf

Can a jump start damage a car? — Ricks Free Auto Repair Advice

Last edited:
I’m not ruling it out but one engine will start and run while the other just turns over. Leads me to believe it’s not voltage related

Not ruling out ECU failure? We don't know much at this point, there could be a chewed up harness or any number of other things, such as a disconnected sensor overlooked during winterization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back