SeaDoo 230 Wake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Klipster

Starting a new thread. I changed out both intercoolers with Fizzle intercoolers. James at Fizzle Racing was very helpful and responded quickly to my questions. I haven't started these engines in a couple of years. I have changed the oil in both engines and installed new plugs. I have also removed as much of the old fuel as possible and replaced with fresh fuel. I use Marine Stabil religiously. The old fuel smells okay, I just wanted to run fresh fuel. Is there a way to spin the engines over without turning on the fuel pumps and ignition? I want to pre oil the engines before starting them

Hold the throttle wide open and crank.

That enables "drown mode" which will turn over the engines with no fuel.

Unfortunately you can't do that on a boat. Neutral safety switch won't allow you to crank the engines at full throttle. I went ahead and spun them over for a short period of time. Then I installed the plugs and coils and cranked the engines up one at a time for a few seconds. Both engines started right up. Then I ran both engines on a hose until warm. Verified no water leaks and water flowing correctly through the system. Now I just need to put the boat in the water and see how she runs.

What year boat? Older ones you have to hold the throttle open at the engine. Newer ones have a switch under the dash for drown mode.

Remove the front seat back in front area just in front of the dash, you will see an looking lever switch directly down from seat back that is spring loaded. One person hold it, the other cranks engine.

Actually you can...and it is part of the proper oil change procedure to get the oil up out of the crankcase...I have the 230 Wake in 430 HP...unless your engines are designed entirely differently you have two options. You can either have someone hold the throttle lever open (on the engine side at the end of the throttle cable) or you can tie it off which is what I do when changing my oil This will allow the engine to crank without turning over. Godspeed!

No, you can't. It is entirely different because he has the icontrol system that runs both motors in sync. You must have a 2009 or older which is as you describe. As I said above, depends on the year.

Last edited:
Back