New to Jet Ski, these things scare the CPAP out of me.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nateccnn

I've been boating all my life. Also ride snowmobiles in the Sierra mountains. Been dirt biking for about 5 years now. I love power sports.

But to be honest these Sea Dogs (2006 GTX Wake SC) scare the heebie-jeebies out of me. I can go straight line as fast as the machine will go but one little turn freaks me out. It just doesn't seem natural to me.

Any tips on how to get over that so I can have some fun on these things?

Are you using the VTS controls?

At higher speeds you want the bow higher. If not, it causes a "bow steer" condition and can get scary fast.

Do a 180! I found that I'm more comfortable after finding the point where the seadoo starts slipping. Start doing slower sharp turns and work your way up?

No VTS on my skis. I remember thinking that I wanted VTS...walked away from the deal on these skis at first. Then looked at more machines over a two week period only to realize these were in the best shape of all the used equipment in my area so went back to them. I'm not missing VTS at all. My friend has it and I find it distracting.

Funny thing is my kids, both boys, 18 and 15 years old. Jumped on the machines and started doing donuts right away. Neither of them have any experience on jet skis.

When I first started snowmobiling in the mountains I had a fear of high marking. I got over that after the first season. I got over it by forcing myself to high mark every time I saw a steep hill. You eventually find the limits of the machine and that knowledge gives you power?

I guess the secret is to get wet?

You got it! Giver gas!!

So same thing a friend told me about dirt bikes. You think you're getting into trouble? Giver gas. Same thing on snowmobiles. You think you're going to get stuck? Give er gas.

Hope to get them wet this weekend. I'll do it like I do in golf. Close eyes...swing as hard as I can...yell "Sh**"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back