New here Little help needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackRain

Hi everyone,
I don't know if I am in the right place or not to ask this question so please excuse me if I have made a mistake. I was given a seadoo type boat recently but as of yet have not received the ownership so I don't know much about the boat. It says Craze on the side and embroidered into the seats, the motor has been blown due to the owner not adding oil to the engine. A rod has blown through the side of the block on both sides. I was told when it was delivered that it was a 2 stroke engine and from what I can see is a 3 cylinder the year is 1997. I would like to know if anyone here knows if this is a Sea-doo model or if it is made by another company? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
BlackRain.

5min of Google later

The manufacture was Cutter, and the model should be a 160 Craze i believe. It was offered with a 120hp Mercury Sport-Jet four cylinder, and a XR95hp Mercury Sport-Jet three cylinder which it sounds like you have. Some parts are still available for the engine from any decent Mercury dealer such as Crowley Marine. The problem is with a hole in the side of the block unless you can find a complete used engine it most likely will be cost prohibitive to repair the boat.

Aaron:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back