Neutral Switch Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

camelpak

I'm in the process of replacing my reverse cable on a 2003 sportster 4-tec & was thinking about disabling or adding a toggle bypass to the nuetral switch so I could start boat in any gear position. Would this cause any problems w/ my ECM or engine other than the obvious condition of possibly starting the engine in full throttle position?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ok first off.... why would you wanna do that? but no i dont think there will be a problem... i thought there would have been but my switch broke leaving me stranded... so i cut the wires and spliced them together... and i havent had a problem yet... and that was like last year somtime... lol. but it runs fine... you just have to be careful not to do anything stupid with starting your boat! but if anyone knows anything else let me know too... lol, i was wondering if the ecu still thought i was in N doing 7000 rpm if the parameters would be off.... but i havent had a problem.

My neutral switch went out a couple years ago, while I was at Lake Havasu, came up short searching for a quick replacement part, but did come across several other people who had suffered similar experiences...I bypassed / removed the switch and wire nutted the wires together, I have never had any problems what so ever. There's no prop danger to worry about, if you are the one who operates the boat, I would think you wouldn't hit the start button w/o checking the throttle, blower, shifter etc....Unless you have kids or complete rookies starting the boat you should be good....BTW, if you have kids or rookies starting your boat, a nuetral switch could be the least of your probs;-) ....as Capn Ron said~~~"if somethins gunna happen...it's gunna happen, OUT THERE!~~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back