runaway throttle on startup sea doo sportster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

the427king

I Have a 2003 sea doo 4 tec sportster. It was running fine last season. I had it winterized and serviced last winter. The first time I went to use it I started it out of the water just to make sure it would run . It took a few more push on the start button than other years, and when it started up it went to an extremely high idle. I shut it down immediately and then tried it again with a hose hooked up to it. Same result. It never ran more than a few seconds. I put the boat in the water and upon starting there was alot of bubbling around the boat and it spun slowly around in a circle in neutral. I shit it down and pulled it out of the water. Cable appears fine although im not sure how taught the cable should be when in the off position. Could the person that serviced it left a plug out that is causing an air leak??? Thanks in advance for any help

I Have a 2003 sea doo 4 tec sportster. It was running fine last season. I had it winterized and serviced last winter. The first time I went to use it I started it out of the water just to make sure it would run . It took a few more push on the start button than other years, and when it started up it went to an extremely high idle. I shut it down immediately and then tried it again with a hose hooked up to it. Same result. It never ran more than a few seconds. I put the boat in the water and upon starting there was alot of bubbling around the boat and it spun slowly around in a circle in neutral. I shit it down and pulled it out of the water. Cable appears fine although im not sure how taught the cable should be when in the off position. Could the person that serviced it left a plug out that is causing an air leak??? Thanks in advance for any help
In case anyone has had the same problem it was the cable nut. Not sure why it would be that as It ran the last time it was used. But the cable was a bit taut and one half turn of the top nut on the cable clockwise fixed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back