Need help with 05 RXT supercharger rebuild stock on 257hrs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a 05 rxt from a friend. It has 257hrs on it and has never been rebuilt. I was needing to find were to buy the supercharger parts and if there is a do it yourself thread and if I need any special tools to do it myself. Also is there anything else I would need to do on it with 257hrs on the clock. And what are they worth$$ just want to make sure I did not give to much.
Needs some cosmetic upgrades new seat some minor paint handle grips ect. I'm trying to make it like new, any help. Thanks Curtis

I would be surprised if the sc hasn't been rebuilt before with that many hours. Your friend must have rode it like an old lady. The bearings don't usually make it that long. You will need special tools to rebuild it. I suggest taking it out yourself but sending it away to be rebuilt for $75 to some well known sc rebuilders. The kit alone is around $300.

05 RXT w/257 hours in good condition is worth about $5000 in the spring, but only about $4000 this time of year.

Were do I buy the parts? Were do I send it to? And I know for a fact it was rode as hard as one could and hung up wet but it still runs strong just needs some TLC. I got a good deal on it then. Thanks

I'm with the others,, you pull and send out.

No sense in you buying special tools. It is virtually a break even to buy good tools vs.sending it out.

I'm with the others,, you pull and send out.

No sense in you buying special tools. It is virtually a break even to buy good tools vs.sending it out.

This. Just send it out and don't worry about it. You won't get enough use out of the tools to offset the cost if you're just doing it for yourself.

If it was rode hard, put up wet with 257 hours and stock charger bearings we have witnessed a miracle! My buddy bought a 04 RXP with 145 hours and it still had the ceramic washers and we thought that was nuts!

FYI. There was a shaft update available in the 09 and up models. If this update fits your 05 I strongly recommend you using it. Further, you can buy a kit that is good for 200 hours through Seadoo. Maybe others as well, I just don't know where.

you might want to look into exhaust valve replacement and flywheel bolts as well.

those two items, along with the SC were the 3 things that my SD grunts keep pointing out, (and the oiler mod, which I don't know crap about) they keep using the term "time bomb" (specifically mentioning the exhaust valves). Most hard core SD guys insist that at a minimum the valves/bolts/washers must be done or you run the risk of things going boom.

I'd say the price on that model should have been in the 3500-4K range at a max, if none of the updates have been done, I've looked at some 05's in the 3500 range and passed on them due to the fact that the updates were going to be needed right away, and I didn't want to incur the time/expense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just purchased a 05 rxt from a friend. It has 257hrs on it and has never been rebuilt.

Google "Green Hulk Supercharger Rebuild" and you should find the link to the guy who runs the Green Hulk website who you can send your supercharger to for rebuilding... he is well known in the community, does an excellant job on these superchargers and he has the most up to date rebuild kits in his online store (you basically purchase the appropriate kit for your model SeaDoo and put a note in the payment that you're sending him your Supercharger for rebuild and he adds the labor charge to your total... like $75 last time I checked, but read his instructions and follow them!).

Are you sure the SC is even working at this point? Take the air intake hose off and reach into the SC with your fingers and see if it spins freely or has resistance... if it turns easily by fingertip then it's blown apart inside already! These engines may continue to run, sometimes ok for a long time, after the SC has quit (as long as SC parts don't find their way into other engine parts inside the case!), you just have less power at any given throttle setting (like a non-SC'd engine).

If it spins freely you'll have to pull the engine out and apart to clean out all the blown SC parts from inside the case!

Regards!

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back