05 rxt ECM / Gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey everyone, I have an 05 rxt. I'm getting the long beep when dess key is put on. My gauge cluster is not turning on eithier. I have power and ground at the connector. My question is the two white wires. I assume they are the communication wires? Shouldn't my cluster power up with just the power and ground wires? Is that why I'm having the long beep, no ignition. Does the ecm and info center need to communicate in order for the dess to unlock? Yes all my fuses and grounds are good.

Yes, it should power up with the positive and the ground. The white wires are the Can-hi and Can-lo communication. The long beep is a communication error with the cluster. It should still start and run fine without the cluster working, you will just get the long beep. You should be getting two beeps first, then the long beep when they key is put on. Then it should start.

Okay, thank you for confirming that. However I'm not getting the two beeps. Just one long beep. No gauges, no fuel pump, no s/s buttons. I can manually jump starter solenoid and it cranks perfect. Just don't have any ignition. I'm thinking the ecm went out?

What is the voltage on your battery? A long beep right away when the key is put on is usually either low voltage or wrong key.

I would check grounds and verify all the power up circuits. It could be ECU or mpem but I'd check wiring first. Did you jump start the ski?

It's just really weird, everything was working perfectly normal, including gauges. I started it up and ran it for about 15 seconds on the trailer, picked it up off trailer with davot and set it in the water. Went to start, I got nothing

Yeah I took the harness completely out from mpem to ecm and scoped every wire. They are all good. Including the grounds on the block that go to battery and ecm

I found the section for fault codes in the manual. It gives beeper codes as well. I just confirmed a beeper code 6, its a 2 second beep every 15 minutes. However there is no listed codes for beep 6. Has anyone heard of this?

I looked in my 2005 manual, section 4 DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES, pages 81-103 and found no mention of 15 min beep nor beep 6, where are you getting this ?

I missed it,you are correct, sorry.
How to Easily Read Sea-Doo Fault Codes - WatercraftLife
says:
  • A 2-second beep once every fifteen minutes
This type of beeping will usually require professional repairs and involves problems with the engine management system. These problems usually aren’t urgent, however, and you can finish your run before returning to shore and reading the fault code.

and from a 2009 manual:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2009 beep.jpg
    Screenshot 2009 beep.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 7
Ahhh thank you for that. I knew it wasn't a simple fix. It's very weird, I have power and ground on all my accessories, but nothing is working except beeper. I'm guessing ecm is not communicating anymore

Back