Need Cylinder Sleeve (2000 GTX DI 951) for 88.25 Oversized Pistons

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

XARiUS

I have a 2000 GTX DI I just got done replacing the crankshaft in, only to find a crack in the bottom of the piston sleeve. I don't think it will affect compression, as it sits below the rings but I don't want a piece to break off and ruin the crank I just put in.

Does anyone have a sleeve or jug set that will accommodate the 88.25mm piston without the need for me to have it bored out? Places that do that kinda work are scarce around here. I already have the pistons and everyone else I need, but discovered this today when cleaning the top end.

Always something. I'm counting on you, @Dr Honda last time I came to see you, you were baking your Merc Engine Block for the Islandia.

Attachments

• IMG_9058.jpg
    IMG_9058.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9054.jpg
    IMG_9054.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
You can’t just throw sleeves in. You have to bore and hone to fit the pistons. When you heat the cylinders to get the sleeves in things distort so you can’t just slap them in and go.

Alright, well what do you suggest? A cylinder exchange program? I already have 88.25 pistons that came with the WSM kit i purchased. I did find a guy who can bore and hone the cylinder once it’s back in the jug. My thought was to buy a stock regular sleeve, bake the jug at 350 for 30 mins and get the old one out and sweat the new one in. Have it bored and honed to spec to fit the 88.25 piston. I’m wondering now if I should do both cylinders or just the one with the crack in the skirt?

Last edited:
If they are stock bore now then just do one sleeve. You can also get a good used cylinder on stock bore from Westside Powersports Seadoo.
I like to use Group K for all of my machine work.

Well, I got the bad sleeve out by baking it. Ordered a new one and gonna look for a shop to bore and hone it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back