Engine Alignment - 2000 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaarrEagle

I am really just venting... was hoping to spend the day getting my 2000 GTX DI finally put back together. Found an engine alignment tool locally and had read that you usually dont need additional shims if putting the same motor back in. Regardless, mine seems WAY low. I guess the mounts shrunk over time? Oh well, guess I will order a shim kit from SBT and try again next weekend. It's always something but good to get it done right.

Does this look atypical from what others have seen? .
IMG-1308.jpg

Last edited:
I've had these engines a MILE off when I check them. I think it is a good idea to check alignment anytime the jet pump is removed. I am working with one right now that needs about .075" shims to get it in the ball park. I pulled all the shims out of the front to raise the rear and it is still not enough. I find the companies very proud of those shims they sell so it is a good thing I have my own stuff. Misalignment is the most common cause of premature equipment failures so it is very profitable to have it correct.

I did this one a year ago. The SPX I am working on right now is better side to side but about the same up and down. Good Luck !!

96 GTI Alignment Bad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back