My new toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsw222

I just took my new toy out for a spin and had a blast... I'm excited about the deal I got so i wanted to share. Its a 2000 Yamaha GP1200R with 155hp and 55 hours... and its my first ski... these things are great! Its too bad that summer is over :rolleyes:

The GPR has a few bumps and bruises that need touched up, and needs new hydroturf... but the price was right at $2400 with trailer. I'm already looking into intake grate, ride plate, etc

But I'm still looking forward to rebuilding my Challenger in the spring... these two boats are both fun but are completely different experiences

Attachments

• IMG00495-20100929-1826.jpg
    IMG00495-20100929-1826.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG00492-20100929-1825.jpg
    IMG00492-20100929-1825.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG00499-20100929-1827.jpg
    IMG00499-20100929-1827.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 38
WTF!!!!!! YAMAHA!!!!!!!! :banghead:

BANNED !!

j/k. Looks good. Too bad they are calling for the first frost on Sunday. :rolleyes: I hate putting my toys away.

WTF!!!!!! YAMAHA!!!!!!!! :banghead:

BANNED !!

j/k. Looks good. Too bad they are calling for the first frost on Sunday. :rolleyes: I hate putting my toys away.

:lols: I'm a traitor!

Don't talk about frost already! The 50 degree evenings are depressing enough... pretty soon the rivers will be covered in ice and snow

I'm helping my uncle take his docks out Saturday... it really is the end of the season

Why do we live in Pittsburgh again? :rolleyes:

Why do we live in Pittsburgh again? :rolleyes:
I'm with you there. I have been throwing my wife subtle hints about moving south for years. She does not want to leave family.

I snowboard in the winter, a few times a year, but I would give that hobby up in a heartbeat for LOOOONG summers.

I am a Software Engineer too, dsw222, I am sure with our line of work, we could find work almost anywhere.

I'm with you there. I have been throwing my wife subtle hints about moving south for years. She does not want to leave family.

I snowboard in the winter, a few times a year, but I would give that hobby up in a heartbeat for LOOOONG summers.

I am a Software Engineer too, dsw222, I am sure with our line of work, we could find work almost anywhere.

I lived in SoCal the first 27 years of my life... and you didn't give up anything. Long summers, and some of the best skiing was only an hour away.

Actually, I love to ski, but in PA... the slopes SUCK, lift tickets are over priced, and it's dam cold.

It is crazy how the weather changed soo fast here in KY. It was 93 here 10 days ago and the forecast says 40 this coming week. Craziness.

It is crazy how the weather changed soo fast here in KY. It was 93 here 10 days ago and the forecast says 40 this coming week. Craziness.

I would think though, being in Kentucky, you would have another warm weekend or two to get that sweet boat of yours out. We may even get another nice one here in PA, but I am going to start working on my ski so I would probably miss it if we do.

Going to be 83 here in Dallas tomorrow. Going to get on the lake for probably the last outing this year. Should be nice! :cheers:

I hear you guys, I spent the first 19 years of my life growing up in South Dakota. Some things in the winter are fun, snowmobiles, ice fishing, etc. but the below zero weather and windchill, all the shoveling and stuff I don't miss at all. Where I grew up, seemed like the wind blew most of the time cause it was all flat farm land. I am glad I am in Florida now. Starting to get cool but still projecting mid 80's towards the end of the week here so hopefully I got a few more weekends on the water before it gets to cold.

Take care all,

Rick
:patriot:

Nice looking ski. Hell of a deal. Been raining here for three days. Cold weather Is here for us new England people.

Very nice ski!! BTW us Florida peeps will post up plenty of pictures all winter!!! :cheers:

They are calling 75 for Sat. You going out, or have you put it away for the year?

I don't see how he could resist. He just bought the thing.

I am going to try to get out, but probably only for an hour or two (or three...) I still have the gray fuel lines, so i don't want to over do it. But it will be hard to resist a long ride.

I was out this past weekend on Sat. for about 45 minutes in the Neville Island pool to ride with the seat off and take a look at what I got. I did discover some water leaking out of the exhaust manifold gasket where it attaches to the top end. I checked my plugs and they looked pretty good, perhaps a bit on the rich side.

If I go, I would probably go near Freeport on the Allegheny. So much crap floating around on the Ohio river just past the city.

How about you Dr. Honda, are you going out? It looks like Fri-Sun are all going to be nice days.

They are calling 75 for Sat. You going out, or have you put it away for the year?

I just checked Weather.com.... the highs are: Fri 73, Sat 78, Sun 74.... wasn't it just < 50 degrees a few days ago? Sheesh

I am planning on heading up to Ford City either Saturday or Sunday. I would like to go Sat... but we are going to southside and station square friday night for a birthday bar tour... so i might not be feeling too great the day after ha

Either way... my uncle is taking his docks out this weekend, so I should be up there to help him one of those days.

Are you going to be out?

I just checked Weather.com.... the highs are: Fri 73, Sat 78, Sun 74.... wasn't it just < 50 degrees a few days ago? Sheesh

I am planning on heading up to Ford City either Saturday or Sunday. I would like to go Sat... but we are going to southside and station square friday night for a birthday bar tour... so i might not be feeling too great the day after ha

Either way... my uncle is taking his docks out this weekend, so I should be up there to help him one of those days.

Are you going to be out?

The wife needs to be up in Kittanning on Sat... so... I could drag the skis up for a final trip.

Would this be a river trip, or crooked Creek?

The wife needs to be up in Kittanning on Sat... so... I could drag the skis up for a final trip.

Would this be a river trip, or crooked Creek?

He lives on the river about a half mile up-river from crooked creek... so river would be better for skis since i think the creek is no-wake

I'm not sure how familiar you are with that area, but he lives on the same road as Rosston Eddy Marina. There is a nice gently-sloped public launch down the road from the marina too

Just an FYI to anyone else....

there will be a few of us meeting at the ramp at Ford City around 12:30 ~ 1 pm today. If you want to say hi, and live in the area... it's the public launch on the river, at the mouth of crooked Creek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back