HELP PLEASE! gp1200 carb tuning/ venturi dribble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Grayson

Hello all! I have a customers 1998 Yamaha gp1200. I just rebuilt the whole engine and used OSD oem mikuni carb kits. The ski starts right up and sounds very healthy, however , I pull the plugs and they are dry and white (not good, extremely lean). I have backed the fuel screws out past stock and my pop off is around 55-60psi with shiny silver springs (stocks are dull silver). I do have venturi dribble but would't that cause a rich issue? I have done 7 of these yami triples now but this one is kicking my ass! Any help would be appreciated as I'm stumped!

yes,,,venturi drip causes rich idle,,,usually caused by popoff too low,,, vibrating motor,,,sometimes adding a second anti-syphon valve solves it.

yes,,,venturi drip causes rich idle,,,usually caused by popoff too low,,, vibrating motor,,,sometimes adding a second anti-syphon valve solves it.
The 98 gp1200 calls for 1.2 n/s with 95g dull silver spring for a pop off of around 65-70psi. The springs that came out of it were shiny silver 65g.
I have the proper springs and 6x check valves to double them up on the way. Hopefully I can get this thing back on the water for the customer for one more ride this season..

Back