My first SeaDoo! (Utopia 185)

Should I buy

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtBourlet

Hi All!

I'm in the process of buying my first boat, an Utopia 185, 2005.

It's my first boat, inspection is due this Wednesday, I've been looking for information since and found this forum.

I've found that Mercury engine are really reliable but if they break it's a pain to get repairs and very costly!

Also, after talking with inspector, they told me that the boat shell, for models prior of 2006 are really bad, especially for micro cracks and moisture? Some of them you cannot even get them insured. Is this true ? Any tips or advice?

Price : 12 800$ cad

Thanks all!

IMG_20200518_120836.jpgIMG_20200518_120849.jpgIMG_20200518_120511.jpgIMG_20200518_120800.jpgIMG_20200518_120319.jpg

Micro-cracks seem to show in the gelcoat. I don't think they go any deeper.

Moisture? Pretty sure there is no wood in the hull. I had no problems insuring my 2001 Challenger 20 ft.

that motor bay needs totally cleaned out and your going to want to add new sound bearer.. but its all simple and you can do it yourself and save money. i just did mine . we love our utopia

that motor bay needs totally cleaned out and your going to want to add new sound bearer.. but its all simple and you can do it yourself and save money. i just did mine . we love our utopia

What did you use in the engine compartment? Another member helped me out and I purchased that stuff but I would like to expand my knowledge on that.

What did you use in the engine compartment? Another member helped me out and I purchased that stuff but I would like to expand my knowledge on that.
I bought 3 40"X40" 10mm thick sound bearer off amazon, it had a peal and stick backing and was like 20 bucks each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back